The coalition is asking that all parents sign a SAFE Home pledge to ensure that parents:
- Are present/know about all parties or gatherings in my home.
- Will not serve nor allow youth under the leagal age to consume/use alcohol, drugs and/or tobacco in their home or on their property.
- welcome communication with any parent/guardian who observes their student using alcohol or other illegal substances.
- will communicate with other parent/guardian of any student they personally observe using alcohol or other illegal substances.
After the start of school Directories will be printed and mailed to all parents who sign a pledge. This will allow for communication among parents about risky youth behaviors.
Parents who do not get a pledge signed at registration are able to sign a pledge in other ways:
1. Online- visit www.vbsafecoalition.com- on the front page click on "sign a 2009-2010 SAFE Home Pledge"
2. Call the coalition- 319-293-6412 and they will assist you in getting a pledge signed.
For more information about the pledges or any other coalition activities you may contact them at 319-293-6412 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org