You as a parent may be able to prevent your child from becoming the next statistic by setting a few simple rules about underage drinking. Before sending your teens off to prom, talk to them about alcohol—it just may save their life.
· Make sure your child has a plan for the evening and that you know it.
· Set rules with your child and stick to them.
· Let the consequences be known and stick to them.
· DO NOT HOST A PARTY FOR MINORS—underage drinking is illegal. You as a parent are liable, and could face legal consequences. Allowing a party with alcohol on your property, even if you do not provide the alcohol is now illegal per the Iowa State Social Host Law.
· Take stock of the alcohol in your house.
· Discuss the school’s rules with your child and the consequences for violating them.
· Disapprove of underage drinking.
· Do NOT rent hotel rooms for prom-goers.
· Communicate with other parents and school officials about the on-goings of the night so you are informed.
· Stay up for the prom-goer’s return home.
· Encourage your teen to attend the schools post-prom party
o Harmony- Fort Madison Family YMCA
11:00 pm-5:30 am
Hypnotist, Knocker Ball, Bouncy Obstacle Course, Glow in the Dark Dodge-ball, Swimming & Movies!
For More Information Contact:
Sandy Hootman – 563-447-4721
Winter Peck – 319-253-5123
Cara Proper – 319-217-0074
Jen Fett – 319-850-2439
o Van Buren- Roberts Memorial Building
11:00 pm-3:15 am
Hypnotist, Laser Tag, Shooting Sports, Air Brush Tattoos, Corn Hole, Twister, Wii Games, Guessing Game, Photo Booth & Ping Pong!
For More Information Contact: Dixie Saunders – 319-288-0833