The 2011 National Leadership Forum is the nation’s largest meeting for community prevention leaders, treatment professionals and researchers. This year’s conference theme is focused on the future of alcohol, tobacco and other drug prevention, treatment and research. The Van Buren County SAFE Coalition will be sending two adult and two youth coalition members to the forum in Washington, DC in February. While there the Coalition representatives will:
• Gain new strategies and learn how to curb alcohol abuse, underage drinking, tobacco and marijuana use, and prescription and over-the-counter medicine abuse at the more than 100 workshops and plenary sessions available at the Forum.
• Meet CNN's Elizabeth Cohen after she moderates a Town Hall Meeting about the Future of Evidence-based Practices and Coalitions.
• Interact with officials representing at least 10 federal agencies.
• Hear from Vice President Joe Biden; who will speak when he accepts the CADCA’s Distinguished Service Award.
• Network with coalition directors, staff and members; nearly 300 youth; and state leaders from every U.S. state, 4 U.S. territories, and 2 foreign countries!
• Make the Coalitions voice heard in Congress during CADCA’s Capitol Hill Day Rally.
• Hear from Surgeon General Dr. Regina Benjamin at the Center for Substance Abuse Prevention 7th Annual Community Prevention Day.
• Present a display of SAFE Coalition information for the CADCA Poster Session.
• RECEIVE THE GOT OUTCOMES COALITION OF THE YEAR AWARD!
For more information about the CADCA Forum and our award please check it out at http://www.cadca.org/events/forum21 or contact the Coalition by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 319-293-6412.